Saturday, August 29, 2009

Honey Dijon Dressing ~ I want to swim in your ocean

I use this recipe for just about everything: Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Salad, plain old green salads, baked potatoes, a dip for bread, drizzled over steamed veggies, just about anything that will sit still. Truth be told, I sometimes just eat it with a spoon. There - I admitted it out loud. If I could fill a pool with it, I just might swim around in it for a bit. All that mayo would be super conditioning for the hair, right? They might lock my up in a looney bin afterward, but I would taste nice.

Here are the cast of characters:


  • 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
  • 1/2 c. olive oil
  • 1/2 c. cup honey
  • 1/4 c. grated pecorino romano (or parmesan) cheese
  • 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
  • 2 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar (or just white vinegar though I truly do prefer the balsamic)
  • 2 Tbs. chopped shallots
  • 2 Tbs. chopped parsley
  • 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
  • 1 t. sea salt
  • 1/2 t. fresh ground black pepper
Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until combined. Here's a picture of a double batch that I just made for the Chicken Cordon Bleu pasta salad I am making for the ward dinner tonight. Someone, get me some bread to dip in this stuff, stat! I happen to know there is a loaf of roasted garlic bread over there on the counter just waiting to be eaten.


Just look at those lovely specks of dijon mustard, shallots, and parsley! Those little pastas can't wait to go swimming in this stuff.


And just for your viewing pleasure, some Italian parsley goodness, straight from the garden less than 5 minutes before this picture was taken. *sigh* I love summer time.


Much love and belief -

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment