Monday, June 15, 2009

Maple BBQ Sauce ~ For the Lazy Samoan

Hey Lazy Samoan -

Sorry it took me so long to get this recipe up here for you! I miss your garden bong almost as much as I miss you.

Smooches -

M.


Maple BBQ Sauce


Ingredients:

1/2 c. cider vinegar
1 c. ketchup
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 Tbls. dry mustard
1/4 c. real maple syrup (the fake stuff just doesn’t make muster in this recipe)
2 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper *
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 tsp. sea salt

Directions:
  • Combine ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
  • Lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until thickened.
  • Yields approximately 2 1/2 cups sauce. I usually double the recipe so I have more on hand for another meal. Saves me having to wash the pan & utensils twice! (Call me lazy, I know.) Just store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

* I have also used chipotle chili powder ~ it gives it a bit more bite & a nice smokey taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment