Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Joanne's Magical Super-Fighting Germ Zapper Brew

I am not sure what to call this stuff and don't even know the origins of the recipe other than my friend Joanne brought me some of it while I was in the hospital with the Good Professor in 2007, suffering from one of the worst episodes of the influenza A I have ever had. The Professor ended up at Primary Children's Hospital and I was facing him being down there alone as Mr. Amazing Man was overseas at the time. After a few bowls of this magical brew, I was able to check myself out and go be with the Professor.

It's chock full of natural germ-killing ingredients and will help you get over a cold/flu faster than just about anything else that I have found. But a word of warning: While you might crave this when you are sick, it is pretty darn frightening when you aren't! But when you are sick...nothing soothes you better.

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 1 large head of garlic, peeled (8-10 cloves)
  • 1 med onion, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 1 tsp parsley
  • 1 tsp cilantro
  • 1 tsp basil
  • 1 tsp mint

Boil in a pot until onions and garlic are soft. Blend together with food processor until smooth. Add 1-2 tsp lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment