1/4 tsp salt
2/3 c. washed lentils
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. oil
4 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. cake flour
1/4 c. cocoa
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
- Add lentils and salt to boiling water. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Drain lentils, reserving liquid.
- Add 1/4 c. of liquid back to lentils. Make puree in blender or food processor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 pan.
- Mix sugar, oil, eggs and beat well for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and pureed lentils to creamed mixture.
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt, and soda and then add to creamed mixture. Beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared cake pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool and then frost with favorite frosting!
Happy eats -