Sunday, March 4, 2012

Meyer Lemon Bars


Dear Ina,

When I get stressed, I bake. And yesterday with the tornado warnings and swirling winds, I was stressed. I needed something that would jolt me out of the strange grey-green day we were having, something that would chase away the dark rain that was starting to leak through the ceiling (which happens sometimes when it rains sideways for hours on end).   I had some Meyer lemons left over from our last co-op delivery and I searched Pinterest for some ideas on what I could make out of them.

Your lemon bars fit the bill exactly. Can you believe the color of these things? And they taste just as gorgeous as they look!  If I wasn't convinced quality ingredients make a difference, I am now. The intense flavor of local organic Meyer Lemons and the deep yellow of the egg yolks from the happy hens at Walters have turned a nice desert into an electric masterpiece.

Sincerely,

A devoted and delighted follower

_______________________

Please visit http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lemon-bars-recipe/index.html for the full recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment